Compare 8 UK Rehabs
Costs - Locations - Treatment Methods - Options Available
A Guide to Private Rehab Prices in the United Kingdom
The first step toward overcoming addiction is always to recognise that a problem exists and must be addressed. Even for those who make this important form of progress, though, many questions often remain.
One of the most common concerns how much private rehab in the UK might cost and what the money will pay for. Understanding the realities that underlie rehab prices in the UK can make it easier to choose the right option for any given situation.
An investment into successful rehabilitation can be one of the best a person will ever make, whether it costs £150 per day or far more. Rehab prices do vary quite a bit from one clinic or service to another, and those who strive to understand why will often make better, more informed choices.
This article continues further down, but to get to the main ARC Drug and Alcohol Rehab website please choose a button below.
Free Rehab in the UK through the National Health Service
The NHS rightly treats addiction as the real public health problem that it is. Being publicly funded and tasked with caring for everyone, however, the NHS also has to make sure to spend its budget wisely.
As a result, rehabilitation services obtained through the NHS tend to be of the most economical kinds. The process usually begins with a visit to the patient’s general practitioner, who might offer to provide treatment directly.
Otherwise, those who wish to pursue NHS rehab will generally receive a referral to a local addiction treatment service. Some of these outpatient services also allow self-referrals, which can be valuable for people who would rather not confide in a GP. For those who work through all the available NHS-funded options without success, financial support for private, residential rehab treatment will also sometimes be offered.
Exploring what the NHS has to provide can certainly be helpful and worthwhile. In many cases, though, those who arrive at the point of looking into private rehab UK pricing will have already exhausted their NHS-provided options. Private rehabs also typically brings with it advantages that the publicly funded NHS cannot afford to match.
The Costs and Factors That Drive Private Alcohol Rehab Prices in the UK
Even among the rehab programs offered at a single centre, prices can vary significantly. Although the effectiveness of certain programs might not justify the asking prices, most centres strive to keep things affordable.
A few basic factors underlie the rehab prices that patients are asked to pay, with each implying certain trade-offs. Some of the most significant and important to consider are:
- Program Length: Options range from quick detox residencies of a week or less to months-long, full-time residential programs that cover detox, therapy, and the early stages of ongoing support. A 12 week rehab will cost more than shorter programs at the same centre, although variations in program offerings can change the equation.
- Accommodations: The most affordable residential rehabilitation programs tend to provide participants with spartan accommodations, typically to be shared with others. While this can help keep costs down, it can make applying the lessons learnt more difficult upon graduation. Accommodations that more closely reflect those typical of everyday life can make it easier to transition back into the outside world while preserving progress in the face of temptations and freedom.
- Medical Professionals and Therapists: All registered rehab centres in the United Kingdom will put patients under the care of trained, certified professionals. The salaries of doctors, nurses, and therapists add up, and centres that boast higher ratios of medical staff to patients will often be forced to charge more, as a result. Paying more for such a program can mean receiving more individual attention from these highly trained individuals.
- The Nature of the Treatment: This is not to say, however, that a centre that maintains a smaller professional staff cannot deliver worthwhile treatment. Group therapy sessions, for example, regularly prove to be some of the most effective of all. The style of treatment that a particular centre offers will tend to influence the price, both insofar as it affects staffing requirements and with regard to how it impacts other factors. Many successful private centres that prioritise affordability do so in part by tailoring their treatment approaches to suit this goal.
- Support Workers, Maintenance, Equipment, Insurance, and More: Every residential rehabilitation centre will also employ support staff who help in other ways, as by taking care of cleaning, assisting nurses, and keeping the facility itself maintained. Rehabilitation centres must also pay for medical equipment and supplies used for detox and other needs; liability insurance; and a host of other costs. These factors will typically be of less concern to those seeking to find their own best rehab treatment option, however. The most expensive private rehab programs will often devote an especially large portion of their spending to “extras” that do not necessarily translate into more effective treatment.
Keeping Costs Down and Getting Effective Help
Rehab prices should never stand in the way of getting the assistance and support needed to recover from addiction. Unfortunately, UK residents who fail to find relief through free residential rehab programs provided by the NHS sometimes become discouraged in the face of the first rehab pricing information they come across.
The fact is that there are good ways of making sure that private rehab prices do not become a barrier to further progress. Some of them include:
- Private Insurance: For those who have private, or “voluntary,” health insurance coverage, residential rehab costs will often be covered. While this can relieve some of the pressure that might otherwise exist, putting in the effort needed to find an especially suitable and successful program will still always be advisable.
- Centres and Programs That Emphasise Affordability: Some private rehabilitation centres in the United Kingdom cater to a wealthy crowd, and their prices will reflect this. On the other side of the scale, some centres maintain a primary goal of making private, residential rehab as affordable and accessible as possible. In fact, many of the most successful and highly regarded programs in the UK today fall into this group.
- Payment Arrangements or Financing: Recovering from addiction can be life-changing, as many have been fortunate enough to discover. Failing to make progress with local, NHS-supported services, some confront the option of paying for private rehab in the UK with scepticism. A successful course of rehab, though, can easily justify just about any investment made into it. Working out a financing arrangement with a rehab centre or taking out a loan can therefore easily be a prudent, reasonable thing to do.
No rehab program can guarantee results, but many have changed the lives of their graduates greatly for the better. Thinking about private rehab prices in the UK in this light and taking a pragmatic, level-headed approach to the subject will always pay off. Recovering from addiction can certainly be challenging, but for those who get the right kind of help, private rehab costs will be made up quickly in many different ways.
“I so want help to release him from this horrid, horrid existence he lives…”
With the RIGHT HELP you or your loved one CAN move on to create a normal, happy life with REAL OPTIONS.
Timing matters. It’s important to get help
while a person is open to change
Timing matters. It’s important to get help while a person is open to change.
So ask any questions or reserve a place at ARC now. TODAY!
So ask any questions or reserve
a place at ARC now. TODAY!
ARC clients make it!
“If I didn’t come here and do this treatment, I don’t think I’d be on this earth now.” - Johnathon
Addiction Recovery Centre – ARC – Drug & Alcohol Rehab Center in Portsmouth
Copyright © 2019
With the RIGHT HELP you or your loved one CAN move on to create a full, normal life. A life with meaning, purpose, hope & happiness as real options.
To ask any question or get started today, call:
ARC clients make it!
"If I didn't come here & do this treatment, I don't think I'd be on this earth now."
- John, free from alcohol & drugs for 3 years at time of review